Strawberry yogurt cake was on my mind for some time now. It’s easy and quick to make, tastes amazing the next day. Strawberries are getting very red in the garden so I am testing all the strawberry recipes I can.
- 240g plain flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 250ml Greek yogurt
- 100ml canola oil
- 120g sugar
- 300g strawberries
- butter to grease the tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F
- Sift the flour and mix with baking powder and soda. Mix well.
- In a mixer beat eggs with sugar and vanilla. Add oil and yogurt. Mix. Add flour mixture. Mix.
- Grease 22 cm round tin with butter and coat with breadcrumbs. Pour the batter. Put cleaned and hulled strawberries on top.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until clean toothpick.
- Leave to cool. Serve powdered gently with icing sugar.
Look at girls! Picking strawberries together. Java turns 11 years old in less than two weeks. Still loves to eat some fruit from the garden and then relax on the grass. I love the life of old lab 😉
Our playhouse floor looks amazing in photos! I must build another table and distress it too. Always such a pleasure to shoot on old looking surface!