Dutch baby pancake was on my mind from the moment I opened my eyes this Sunday. I really love to have some kind of a pancake for my weekend breakfast. This recipe is really easy. All you need to remember is to put the oven on the moment you get out of bed, blend the batter and all the magic is done in the oven while you brush your teeth. I love that because I often find my self spending much too much time frying pancakes one by one. With dutch baby in the oven I can even find time to put some make up on. Hope you try that recipe today. Happy Sunday!
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- powdered sugar and lemon juice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Put a cast iron skillet inside.
- Blend or whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, flour, sugar and salt.
- Brush hot skillet(be careful!) with melted clarified butter. Pour the batter in and let bake for 15-20 minuted until all golden and puffed.
- Serve with powdered sugar and some lemon juice.